Regulus Partners LLP (“Regulus”) is a strategic consultancy focussed on international gambling and related industries. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect during the course of our business, how we will collect it, and how we will handle and protect that data.
Regulus is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA350643).
In this Privacy Notice, “we”, “us” and “Regulus” refers to Regulus and its group companies.
LEGAL BASES WE RELY ON
There are several legal bases upon which we rely when collecting and processing your data. They are as follows:
- Consent: For example, when you have provided informed consent (by ticking a box, or otherwise) for us to send you e-mail communications such as the weekly “Winning Post” circular.
- Contractual obligations: For example, it may be necessary for us to process your personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations in providing services to you as our client.
- Legal compliance: We may be required to collect or process your personal data to comply with the law or a requirement from law enforcement.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which would be reasonably expected in the course of running our business, for example by contacting you directly to offer you services which we believe will be of interest to you.
WHEN AND HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
- You may have provided it to us in correspondence; by completing forms on our website; or by indicating and updating your preferences for communications from us;
- We may have collected your data from third parties to whom you have given your permission to share your personal data with us;
- We track the marketing e-mails which we send to our subscribers, and the subsequent processing of them by those subscribers (i.e. how many times they are opened, geographic location when opened, and whether any links are clicked);
- We record telephone conference calls facilitated by our service provider; and
- We collect technical information during visits to our website (reguluspartners.com).
WHAT SORT OF DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of personal data:
- Contact details such as: names; addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers etc;
- History of marketing communications, such as whether and how many times you open them, your geographic location when opening them, and whether you click on any links;
- The content of telephone conference calls facilitated by our service provider; and
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide services to our clients in the ordinary course of business, and in accordance with our contractual obligations;
- With your consent:
- to provide you with access to content and news from Regulus such as “Winning Post”, “Financial Updates”, and blogs; and
- to send you commercial and/or promotional communications regarding the products and services we offer, including invitations to Regulus events, and to perform market research activities.
The processing of data for each of the aforementioned purposes may be carried out using paper-based, automated or electronic means, in particular via ordinary mail or by email, or via telephone.
- To monitor the effectiveness and popularity of our marketing campaigns and analyse who is interested in which topics to help us target items of relevance to those individuals and to improve our service to clients, on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To analyse website traffic to identify and resolve any problems and protect our website, in our legitimate interest.
- To ensure we display the most interesting content to you on our website on the basis of your consent for cookies or similar technology to be placed on your device.
- To preserve evidence of instructions given and agreements made during telephone conference calls in our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations to provide information to law enforcement or as otherwise required by law.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or until you request that we delete it.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We may share your personal data with trusted third parties, acting on our behalf for specific purposes, under contract. Such companies include: IT companies who support our website and other business systems; operational companies supporting our business such as providers of conference call facilities; and direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- We may be required to provide your personal data to the police or other law enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. We will assess such requests on a case-by-case basis and take your privacy into consideration.
We have never sold and will not sell your personal data to third parties.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED
We may transfer personal data to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the European Economic Area, for the purposes detailed above. Any such transfer of your personal data will be in accordance with applicable laws, for specific purposes only, and subject to contractual requirements to ensure appropriate levels of data protection.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As well as having the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, you have the following rights in respect of your data:
- the right to access any data we hold about you;
- the right to request correction or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for reasons specific to your individual circumstances, when we are doing so in our legitimate interest;
- the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly-used and easily readable format, as well as the right to transmit the data to another data controller;
- the right to request restriction on the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances; and
- the right to object to any profiling or automated decision making (we do not currently carry out such activities).
You may exercise the rights listed above at any time by writing to Regulus Partners LLP, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN or to the email address: email@example.com.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. You may do this by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained within our marketing e-mails; by updating your preferences by following the link within our marketing e-mails; or by contacting us directly (see contact details above).
If you have any concerns about how we use your personal data, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for more information.